Ditmas Park CSA Week 20


Did I say something about missing my favorite vegetables earlier this summer? Well its all erased. I welcome this weeks turnips, sweet potatoes, squash, and parsley with open arms. This week was a really generous portion and wide variety of vegetables. I will be picking and choosing what to eat first considering what to hold on to for the future. The season is almost over, though I extended until Thanksgiving so yay for that.

I am confused about the large white root vegetable. Last week it looked like a rutabaga to me. I identify purple top and white root end with rutabagas. This week it looked more like harukei, but ah ha its a slightly purple. Not harukei. Maybe it is a rutabaga and we are calling it a turnip because they are related? These vegetables seem starchier then your average turnips. Let me know what you think, especially if you are in my CSA.

Week 20 CSA
1 butternut squash
2 pumpkin shaped acorn squashes (swapped for broccoli)
2 tomatoes
1 onion
3 turnips/rutabagas (swapped for cauliflower)
1 great big piece of diakon
1 sweet potato
7 beets
5 potatoes
bunch of parsley
bunch of celery
bag of lima beans
5 apples

1/2 chicken
dozen eggs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐