CSA Week 18 & Anyone Want to Buy 2 Weeks of CSA Veggies Off Of Me?

The broccoli is bigger then my mixer.

No evening sunset to light my bi-weekly CSA share photos. I watch the sun go down as I walk home from our pick up site in Ditmas Park. This week brought gigantic vegetables, and I laid the entire share out so you could see just how much food it is. It must be harvest time.

Good news! Jorge, my farmer, has planted extra crops, and is extending the season by 4 weeks. I bought the extended share today, and need to split it with someone. Anyone interested in picking up a full share every other week? Just off of Cortelyou in Brooklyn, near the Q train. $50 for 2 weeks of full share including a dozen eggs a week. Leave a comment, or email me NaomiDonabedian (at) hotmail (dot) com.

1 enormous bunch of kale
1 enormous head of broccoli
4 ears of corn
4 large tomatoes
4 lbs of potatoes (I bartered my cauliflower for extra potatoes)
6 apples
5 beets
1 big onion
1 turnip
1 large hunk of butternut squash
1/2 lb of spinach
1 lb of yellow wax beans
11 medium and small jalapenos
1 bunch of rosemary

Comments

  1. Hey, Naomi, Glad to meet you! I've printed all the recipes above. I know for a fact the cookies are to die for. The remaining recipes appear equally tantalizing. Thanks!
    Dee (Allyssa's mother)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found the recipes Dee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐