Ditmas Park CSA Weeks 1 & 2

Week 2 veg heaven

I had a mighty 1st week of the 2010 Ditmas Park CSA season. I am splitting a whole share with my roommate and first-timer Nicole. A great haul of beets, 2 kinds of onions, green beans, 3 kinds of herbs, 2 kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, purple kale, eggs, and 1/2 a chicken. It was beautiful. I took many pictures, and they corrupted before I could get them off my camera. Week 1 will have to be a memory. Pictures and description of the chicken made it out alive and are coming.

Week 2 was Nicole's week to pick up. I didn't get to it until late Wednesday, so these photos are of 3 day old veggies. Hmmm, something is off in my fridge and storage. Need to work on the humidity level, almost everything is wilted. The cabbage is 1o inches in diameter. Its as big as a globe and could possibly sustain its own satellites if it were launched into orbit.

5 little beets
2 yellow onions
1 large head of green cabbage (maybe 3-4 lbs)
1 head red lettuce
1 head green lettuce
3 bunches of herbs: mint, thyme, and basil
3 cucumbers
3 zucchini
1/2 lb green and yellow string beans
4 tomatoes
1 small head cauliflower
18 eggs (maybe because they are small, usually just a dozen)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐