Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

A snack within a snack.

I burned 2 batches of bacon peanut brittle on Saturday, encasing the treat in bitterness that masked its bacon flavor. Sunday I made a murky soup with beef and brocolic rabe that sort of tastes like urine. I didn't have time to make apple/pear butter as planned, and any time now my pears are going to rot. I did not have a a good weekend working on recipes. Success came when I cleared out my camera and found photos I forgot to post of these pretzel cookies from the summer.

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar (brown or white or both)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
12 ounce bag bittersweet chocolate chips
10 oz mini pretzels, coarsely chopped
1 cup peanuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with butter.

In a bowl cream sugar and butter until fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beat for another minute. Add baking soda and salt, mixing briefly before adding 2 cups of flour. Mix the flour until only just combine, which means some striations of flour will be visbible in the otherwise uniform batter. Fold in the chocolate chips, pretzels, and peanuts by hand being careful not to over mix. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 30-45 minutes until firm. Cool and cut into squares.

This is the kind of salty-sweet recipe people flip over. I am betting they would make any cookie plate feel more happening this winter.

Comments

  1. ooh! I have a cookie exchange on Monday. I think I might make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look great! can't wait to try them.

    http://incrediblecrunchyflavor.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐