Ditmas Park CSA Week 7


Week 6 was had a little less to offer than week 5, but plenty of basil and heirloom tomatoes. Today was almost double what we've been getting and oh buddy did we ever get some tomatoes! Carrots have made a very early appearance in the season. I welcome them to my kitchen where they will last approximately 15 minutes before I eat them up.

Please note my foolishness in biking to the CSA site to get my share. We have been getting 8-12 pounds of food recently. This week with 2 melons, chicken, and eggs the share was totaled about 30 plus pounds, which I strapped to my back in my daypack. It hurt every part of me to bike the mile home. Even now my spine is sending my brain distress signals. I'm lucky I didn't wobble over starting and stopping at lights. Am I a wuss or what?

I think I'll eat watermelon and carrots for dinner. Here is the big list of what we received in the week 7 share:

1 sugar baby watermelon
1 cantaloupe
2 zucchini
1 eggplant
8 tomatoes
(See that cherry tomato in the picture? Its what I picked from my farm, just an ironic comparison at how bad a job I'm doing growing food to feed myself)
10 small and medium carrots
2 cukes
2 peppers
4 ears of corn
9 yellow potatoes
1 large bunch of basil
1/2 chicken
1 dozen eggs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐