Ditmas Park CSA Week 11

Vibrant end of summer CSA veg

Feels like I'm losing count of what week of the Ditmas Park CSA share I'm photographing. I was slacking just before vacation (not really just meeting nutty deadlines elsewhere) and then 2 weeks were picked up by others. Here we are at week 11, maybe. Aren't those some red tomatoes? Solid and juicy inside like a proper tomato should be. I was happy to get beets this week. Beets I've missed you. I plan to stew this chicken, or make dr pepper chicken.

Full List of Ditmas Park CSA share:

1 big watermelon
1 eggplant
2 cucumbers
2 zucchini
2 onions
2-3 lbs yellow potatoes
10 medium and small tomatoes
5 medium beets
4 ears of corn
2 green peppers
1/2 lb yellow wax beans

plus
1 dozen eggs
1/2 farm chicken

This just in read this excellent interview with my CSA farmer Jorge of Amantai Farm. Pictures of living chickens and fields before they hit the streets and kitchens of Brooklyn!

Comments

  1. that is the BEST shipment so far. My mouth is watering looking at the picture and reading the list. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐