Ditmas Park CSA Week 8


After several above average weeks, I am happy to see a normal variety of food in normal amounts. Not that I don't love a challenge, and I have proudly seen very little go to waste. I am overjoyed to get a cantaloupe. This blog, so called Cantaloupe Alone, attracts lots of google searches for preposterous cantaloupe recipes. I often find "cantaloupe cookies," "(hot?)cantaloupe (rind?)pickles," "baked cantaloupe," "cantaloupe butter," and "cantaloupe broth." Search terms that have never ever crossed my mind as food I would ever eat. I was thinking in honor of these die hard searchers who are continually finding and probably being disappointed by my blog's lack of cantaloupe cookie recipes I would figure out some new cantaloupe recipes. Meta inspiration. But back to my CSA for right now.

Ditmas Park CSA Week 8
10 medium and small tomatoes
2 onions
2 heads of garlic
1 bunch of basil
2 eggplants
1 bunch of kale
5 medium/small cucumbers
4 banana peppers
1 patty pan squash
1 yellow squash
1 cantaloupe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐